My work has appeared in these publications...and many others. Below is a partial list with some links!
The Washington Post
- Why I Became a Snacktivist
- I'm Envious of My Own Sons
- In Praise of Middle-of-the-Road Parenting
- How Can We Be Friends if We Aren't Even 'Friends'?
- How to be a Stay At Home Dad
- The Dolphin Way: How to Raise Happy, Healthy, Self-Motivated Kids Without Turning into a Tiger
- How to Find a Doula in Seven Easy Steps
- How Your Child Can Avoid Being a Bullying Victim
- Why You Should Detox Before Pregnancy
- LEGO to Make Female Characters with Science Jobs
- Parents Paying Up to $1000 to Help Pack Kids for Summer Camp
- Why the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue Brought Me to Tears
- "Era of the Big Booty?" No Thanks
- Old is the New Fat
- Should You Take it (Almost) All Off for a Telfie?
- The Bikini Bridge: Hoax, Hot New Trend, or Both?
- The Revolution is Now (and the Warriors are Naked)
- When Thin is Fat and Fat is Thin
- Just for Laughs? The New Meme of Men and Women Switching Places
- The Ugly Truth About the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- What the French Ban on Child Beauty Pageants Can Teach Us
- Celebrity Baby Mamas vs. Regular Baby Mamas
- Activist Eve Ensler Believes Women Are More Than a Sum of Their Parts
- Why Gabrielle Reece's Retro Recipe for Marital Bliss is, uh, Wrong
- Why Can't We Stop Talking About Kim Kardashian's Pregnancy Weight Gain?
- Want a Leg Up on Being Beautiful? It's All About the Thigh (Gaps)
- A Day at the Pool: Restorative Respite or Body Image Battleground?
- Ding! The Easy-Bake Oven is Finally Going to Start Catering to Boys
- Taking the Shame Out of Shapewear
- Stacy London Makes Owning Up En Vogue
- Breaking News: Ben Affleck Finds Running After His Three Kids 'Very Tiring"
- Body-Shaming Hits Bollywood
- Could the Tide Be Turning?
- Mad About Modeling (comments on the new documentary film Girl Model...plus a recap of some of my own experiences in the modeling industry)
- Female Celebrities During Award Season: Keeping it (Too?) Real
- Yves Saint Laurent Sells Hope in A Jar With Forever Young Liberator
- The Language of Rape Becomes Mainstream
- A Rise in Male Cosmetic Surgery: Welcome To Our World!
- Who You Callin' A Slut?
- Raising the Bar on Bouncing Back After Baby
- Under the Influence: Can Girls Inherit Bad Body Image from their Mothers? (October 2013)
- Crossing the Line: When Teens Sexually Harass Other Teens (April 2012)
- Do You 'Like' Me? Is Facebook Ruining Your Love Life? (February 2012)
- Helping or Harming? Can Parents Do Too Much For Their Kids? (December 2011)
- Sunny Side Up: Teens and Optimism (April 2011)
- Mad Love, A Special Report on teen girls who abuse their boyfriends (February 2011)
Healing Lifestyles and Spas
- Making Peace With Our Bodies
- Detoxing the Mind, Body and Spirit
- The Revolution Goes to the Mat
- Awaken Your Inner Artist
- What Makes YOU Beautiful?
- Karma for Kids
- The Best of Los Angeles
- Down and Dirty: The Earthy Benefits and Pleasures of Mud
- Deluxe Nail Spas: Changing the Way We Treat Our Hands and Feet
- Seaweed: Miracle Potion from the Ocean
- Soaking Away Stress
The Georgia Straight
Honeymoon Journal: Our Amazing Burma Adventure
Pilates Across the Pacific (focus on the new Pilates studio at the Landmark Mandarin Oriental hotel in Hong Kong)
Starving for Friendship: Can You Catch Anorexia From a Friend?
Going for the Garbage: Racers Compete to Clean Up Rivers and Trails
My Best Friend Saved My Life
Is Better Body Image Contagious?
Soul Sisters: These students are self-confident thanks to their poetry and the body image club they started